Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Lilly Pulitzer Inspired Bedroom


I recently moved into my own one bedroom apartment and I was thrilled to decorate! I am a huge DIY lover so I was able to score most of my decor for much cheaper! I plan to show my entire apartment and break down each DIY project but for now I plan to start by showing off my favorite room so far, my bedroom. 


You read the title right, this bedroom is Lilly Pulitzer inspired. Now you might think "this isn't THAT Lilly Pulitzer inspired" but I have been waiting on a Lilly duvet cover for this room for a MONTH! (thanks Garnet Hill and UPS) For right now I only have my Lilly for Target chair to add some Lilly cheer. While I wait for my bedding in "Trippin and Sippin" I am using a white quilt like bed spread with green pillows I had from my last apartment bed set.


Another Lilly addition to my room are these beautiful Lilly 5x5 prints from the 5x5 book you purchase in any Lilly Pulitzer signature store. The book is a coffee table book full of Lilly prints and I simply cut out a few to hang. Now the book, with a few less pages, sits in my living room.


One of my favorite finds in all of my apartment is this gorgeous green glass lamp with bamboo like accents. I scored it at an antique store in South Carolina for just $30. The lamp shade and gold whale were found at Target at the beginning of the summer. 


A close up of my Lilly for Target beach chair in "Nosey Posey" and my night stand. 


My bedroom set was inherited from great grandmother and couldn't be anymore perfect. The top of my dresser was originally completely clear except for the lamp. However, I found a necklace and bracelet display each at a boutique that was closing and HAD to have them. It looks cluttered at first glance but I love displaying my jewelry and cuts my get ready time in half.


My gold lamp was found at Home Goods for only $30 because it had a defect, which I've yet to find.



I love everything on my shop and this is one of my first favorites. It is no longer being sold but will be back up soon! 


I keep my earrings in a simple gold basket that I spray painted.


 Close up of my baubles


And last on my list is this great chair that I painted navy and recovered, it sits beside a giant mirror. I also made a pillow with what I had left of my green oriental printed fabric. I hope you enjoy my bedroom as much as I do!

-Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment