Friday, July 17, 2015

Lilly Pulitzer Inspired "You Gotta Regatta" Painted Sail Boat

I don't always do Lilly crafts but I've done a lot recently and wanted to post this super cute sail boat I found at Michaels for $1! I painted it in just a few easy steps.


 1. First I simply painted the background turquoise and the boat bottom brown. 


2. Then I painted the top of the bottom (if that makes sense) white.


3. I drew sailboats similiar to the ones on the print "You gotta regatta" with a pencil.


4. I painted over the sailboats with white and I could see the drawings underneath but if I had to do it again I would paint the white first then draw. Afterwards I painted the sailboats and outlined them in a black paint pen.


5. Simply paint squiggly (is that a word?) lines to show the water. I used the same turquoise on the background and light blue for variation. 

PS- I painted my initials on the flag with the black paint pen to add something extra.




No comments:

Post a Comment